So the past week has been quite eventful. I thought about going home this past weekend until I realized that it was "Halloween weekend" and decided not to. I went and stayed at my best friend's, Kelly, apartment in Austin on Friday night and "watched" The Grudge. Watched is in quotes because I don't do well with scary movies which forced me to cover my face with a pillow the whole movie.
Then on Saturday, Kelly and her roommate, Kelsey, gave Angie and I a tour of the UT campus. It's gorgeous, but too big, and I like Texas State better. We laid in the middle of what they call "The Six Pack" (basically The Quad) for a couple of hours and watched some unfortunate frat boys parade by in women's dresses.
Then while waiting for the bus, my friend Amanda called me begging me to go to a Halloween party with her that night. I came very close to telling her no because I needed to work on history. Then I realized what I was about to say and decided that I needed to have some fun, so I told her I'd go.
Amanda dressed up as a mechanic, which confused a lot of people. One person actually asked if she was a "biker bitch". Angie went as a baseball player, and I went as a soccer player. I wish I'd had more time to be clever with my costume, but oh well.
I, surprisingly, met a lot of cool people at the party, which made me pretty happy.
This week is definitely turning around. My classes are sucking, but life is being pretty nice to me right now. :D
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment