Strangely enough I'm already thinking about summer. I know that the last one has just ended and that the next one is far, far away, but I'm still thinking about it. All I can think about is how I'm gonna have to work my ass off this summer.
As you all (now) know, I've never had an actual job. I've babysat a few times, but my parents don't know many adults with kids and all of my cousins live far away, so that left no more babysitting jobs. All of my friends started getting jobs at the beginning of senior year, and my mom said that I "could if i wanted" but she didn't want it to get in the way of my schoolwork. Schoolwork? Senior year? Yeah, right.
But, of course, when my mom didn't force me to get a job, I decided not to. Then my mom began to threaten that I needed to get a job last summer. My dad even got my brother to pick up an application at HEB (where my brother has worked for like 3 years). Then my parents began to plan vacations and I signed up for my last summer of church events and all of a sudden a month of my summer was blocked out: 4 days in San Antonio for a festival my parents attend, 10 days on an Alaskan cruise (which required us to fly to Canada and stay there for 2 days), 2 days for orientation, 6 days in South Padre with my youth group, and 7 days in Ohio to visit my aunt and uncle.
Therefore no time for a job. Thank God for graduation money because that's what I'm living off of for the next year. Then it's a full summer of working to save up money for, hopefully, a summer of studying abroad in England the summer before either my junior or senior year.
It's seems as if everything I do, my brother has already done.
Hmm.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment