Minor. I have yet to get that word completely scrubbed off of my hand. There's still a faint blue streak across where it was stamped. Why was minor stamped on my hand, you ask? My first clubbing experience.
We decided on Element in Austin. It was alright. I hadn't danced since prom, so that was fun. Apparently I must have looked fantastic that night because 2 minutes after I walked into the club, a short hispanic man came up and tried to drag me on the dance floor. I immediately refused, but he had a tight grip on my wrist and was trying to convince me to dance with him in very broken English. I could think of no excuse. Luckily, my best friend said "Um, her boyfriend is in the bathroom, I don't think he'd like that very much." The man immediately let go of me and backed off. So I had to act like Michael was my boyfriend for the rest of the night.
It was an interesting night. I've never been hit on so many times in my life, especially by 30 year old men. The DJ for 96.7 KISS FM offered to buy us drinks, until he realized we weren't 21 and then offered to buy us some water. 6th street was an adventure to say the least. Catcalls from guys saying "Damn! All of y'all are hott!" to a guy actually coming up to us and saying "So, where's the afterparty?" There was many sad attempts at pick up lines, and ultimately a guy stumbling drunk behind us saying "STOP MOVING SO FAST!" An encounter with a man counting dozens of one dollar bills on the bus ended in us finding out he was a gay male stripper.
I guess the only way I can end this is by saying...
Keep Austin Weird.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment