This weekend was exactly what I needed. I hadn't really planned on going home this weekend. I'd actually planned to go to Dallas to attend a concert, but I'd decided that yes, my car has good gas mileage, and yes, I have the gas money to go there, but I have no cruise control in my car, and that doesn't sound like a fun ride. Then my friend from home called me and told me that she really wanted me to go to the first home football game for the high school I graduated from. I, of course, couldn't say no. So I planned on driving home Friday and coming back to San Marcos on Saturday.
Then my youth director called and left me a message asking if I'd be interested in going as a youth leader to a retreat this weekend at a lake house on Lake Buchanan. I immediately accepted, and I'm so glad I did. My youth group has been one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. Not only have they made me who I am today, but they've also helped me to break out of my shell.
After watching the amazing UT vs. Ohio game (I'm not exactly a UT fan, at all), my youth director decided we should play some "Who's Line is it Anyway" games. Apparently I'm a pretty good improv actress because everyone was practically rolling around on the ground laughing. From parts like "a lesbian who has been put on the show to turn straight" to "an alcoholic redneck" I was surprised at what I could come up with on the spot.
I'm pretty sure that footage will come back to haunt me someday.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment