When I first moved into my dorm room, and for about the first 2 weeks, it seemed relatively quiet. Of course, the trains go by just like in every other dorm, but that seemed to be the only loud noise. Then my roommate moved in, and I realized that there are quite a few annoying noises in my dorm. I'll list them:
- The swing outside of Laurel. My window is really near the swing on the front porch of Laurel, and that is the loudest swing I've ever heard in my life. People will sit on the swing, and just start swinging as hard as possible, and every time it swings, it makes a very loud creaking noise that could drive anyone crazy.
- The crickets throughout the whole dorm. Not only do my roommate and I kill atleast one cricket per day in our room, but they're insanely loud crickets as well. I hear them in the hallways, they crawl around in the bathrooms, and they jump all around our room. It's disgusting and annoying.
- The TV that I brought from home. It's a Philips and it's incredibly small, but I didn't think it would be a problem. That is until I realized that sometimes it's starts making a really loud squealing noise. Every now and then it gets really high pitched and then will all of a sudden stop, and then after a few moments of soothing silence it will begin again. I don't know what's wrong with it.
- The piano in the lobby. If you wish to play a piano in a semi-public place, you need to atleast know how to play. Chopsticks definitely doesn't count as talent in piano.
- Loud girls coming home late when I have an 8am class. They just need to be quiet.
And a few more complaints:
- My dorm is absolutely FREEZING. My dorm room is at a constant of around 69 degrees. At night it gets down to a low of maybe 64 and during the day, if we're lucky, it gets up to around 70. Basically everyone on my floor is freezing at all times. Oh, and we're not allowed to open the windows, so we basically just freeze all the time. It actually feels better outside most of the time than it does inside.
- People cook the most disgusting smelling food. Whether it's Chef Boyardee or some sort of disgusting chicken, the smells seem to waft right into my room. Not only that, but apparently everyone who eats popcorn has forgotten how to pop it. I smell burned popcorn atleast 3-4 times a week.
Okay, I'm done complaining.

2 comments:
ah, dorm life... here's one big complaint that i had from my college years: living at home.
my parents were constantly asking me where i was going and when i was going to be home. it was embarrassing to keep seeing the same friends and neighbors all the time even though i was in college. i had to attend lots of family functions that i had "outgrown" simply because i was there and had no excuse. also, i had to work at a crappy minimum wage job for spending money. and i had to drive 30 min. to school, often through snow and slush and bad weather. i hardly ever got to meet anyone at school and hang out because i had to go home.
i know exactly what you mean about the crickets and the cold and the LOUD girls. There are girls in the room next to me that cackle so loudly and the WEIRDEST hours of the night. It's ridiculous... and I'll try to remember not to swing at night and make annoying noises, I hope one person can make a difference. :)
Post a Comment